There’s not much evidence that the community of Mungerville ever existed. If it weren’t for this forlorn abandoned building sitting in the middle of Northwest Texas farmland, surrounded by overgrown vegetation, Mungerville would be a distant memory. It is known that Mungerville was an early farming community on Ranch Road 829 thirteen miles from Lamesa in west central Dawson County. In 1947 it had a school, two businesses, and a population of seventy. This bears further investigation.
References: “MUNGERVILLE, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm63), accessed November 06, 2011. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.